It is not a secret that various kinds of documents, ranging from corporate documents to minor business letters, are the backbone of a board of directors. That is why all modern board of directors’ work organization platforms offer tools not only for on-line arrangement of meetings and sessions, but also for work with documents, including their creation, editing and further storage. Let us tell you how you can use the tools of virtual platforms to organize an effective document flow within a company.
What tools can be used for working with the documents?
Most platforms for board document management offer quite a wide range of possibilities for working with corporate documentation. All of them can be divided into several groups:
- Tools for creating documents. They provide an opportunity to create both draft and final versions of business documentation, and they can be made available to a wide range of users, as well as hidden from prying eyes. Such tools are mainly focused on creating documents online.
- Tools for document editing. As a rule, this group includes those tools which enable you to convert an already existing document into the required digital format. You can apply them to previously created documents or convert a digital project.
- Tools for document storage. As a rule, this group includes tools of virtual platforms with which you can create the internal structure of a file storage, as well as search, send or print documents which have already been transferred for storage.
The specific list of tools that are designed to work with documents can be found in the technical specifications of this or that platform. So before you buy, we recommend that you study it carefully in order to make a final decision.
How can virtual platform tools improve your work with documents?
The efficiency of using virtual platform tools for working with documents can only be evaluated in the process of practical use. That is why many experts in the field of organizing the management process advise testing virtual whiteboards. Nevertheless, from the very first days of use, one can notice the following improvements in the document management process:
- Routine work becomes less time-consuming;
- Preparing for board meetings – in particular, searching for the necessary documentation – becomes easier and safer;
- Storing documents becomes easier and more digitally secure;
- Working on the creation of documentation becomes easier, as all necessary edits or comments can be corrected in a matter of minutes – the option of open access to the document helps in this;
- The document flow as a whole becomes easier and more efficient, both within the company and with third parties.
Thus it is possible to summarize that the use of a virtual board portal can essentially improve the process of management of the documents already from the first days of use.